Hi , this post is about Pair Of Gilded Bronze Blackamoor Lamps On Stands 1 (ordinary Blackamoor Lamp #3). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 660 x 660. It's file size is only 29 KB. If You ought to save This attachment to Your PC, you have to Click here. You may too see more attachments by clicking the following image or see more at here: Blackamoor Lamp.
Description of Pair Of Gilded Bronze Blackamoor Lamps On Stands 1
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Bronzebronze (bronz),USA pronunciation n., v., bronzed, bronz•ing, adj.
- any of various alloys consisting essentially of copper and tin, the tin content not exceeding 11 percent.
- any of various other alloys having a large copper content.
- a metallic brownish color.
- a work of art, as a statue, statuette, bust, or medal, composed of bronze.
- [Numis.]a coin made of bronze, esp. one from the Roman Empire.
- to give the appearance or color of bronze to.
- to make brown, as by exposure to the sun: The sun bronzed his face.
- to apply a fine metallic powder to (the ink of a printed surface) in order to create a glossy effect.
- to apply a fine metallic powder to (areas of a reproduction proof on acetate) in order to increase opacity.
bronz′y, bronze′like′, adj.
- having the color bronze.
Blackamoorblack•a•moor (blak′ə mŏŏr′),USA pronunciation n. [Now Usually Offensive.]
- a black person.
- any dark-skinned person.
Lampslamp (lamp),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices furnishing artificial light, as by electricity or gas. Cf. fluorescent lamp, incandescent lamp.
- a container for an inflammable liquid, as oil, which is burned at a wick as a means of illumination.
- a source of intellectual or spiritual light: the lamp of learning.
- any of various devices furnishing heat, ultraviolet, or other radiation: an infrared lamp.
- a celestial body that gives off light, as the moon or a star.
- a torch.
- lamps, the eyes.
- smell of the lamp, to give evidence of laborious study or effort: His dissertation smells of the lamp.
- to look at;
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Standsstand (stand),USA pronunciation v., stood, stand•ing, n., pl. stands for 43–63, stands, stand for 64.
- (of a person) to be in an upright position on the feet.
- to rise to one's feet (often fol. by up).
- to have a specified height when in this position: a basketball player who stands six feet seven inches.
- to stop or remain motionless or steady on the feet.
- to take a position or place as indicated: to stand aside.
- to remain firm or steadfast, as in a cause.
- to take up or maintain a position or attitude with respect to a person, issue, or the like: to stand as sponsor for a person.
- to have or adopt a certain policy, course, or attitude, as of adherence, support, opposition, or resistance: He stands for free trade.
- (of things) to be in an upright or vertical position, be set on end, or rest on or as on a support.
- to be set, placed, fixed, located, or situated: The building stands at 34th Street and 5th Avenue.
- (of an account, score, etc.) to show, be, or remain as indicated;
show the specified position of the parties concerned: The score stood 18 to 14 at the half.
- to remain erect or whole;
resist change, decay, or destruction (often fol. by up): The ruins still stand. The old building stood up well.
- to continue in force or remain valid: The agreement stands as signed.
- to remain still, stationary, or unused: The bicycle stood in the basement all winter.
- to be or become stagnant, as water.
- (of persons or things) to be or remain in a specified state, condition, relation, relative position, etc.: He stood in jeopardy of losing his license.
- to have the possibility or likelihood: He stands to gain a sizable profit through the sale of the house.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to become or be a candidate, as for public office (usually fol. by for).
- to take or hold a particular course at sea.
- to move in a certain direction: to stand offshore.
- (of a male domestic animal, esp. a stud) to be available as a sire, usually for a fee: Three Derby winners are now standing in Kentucky.
- to cause to stand;
set: Stand the chair by the lamp.
- to face or encounter: to stand an assault.
- to undergo or submit to: to stand trial.
- to endure or undergo without harm or damage or without giving way: His eyes are strong enough to stand the glare.
- to endure or tolerate: She can't stand her father.
- to treat or pay for: I'll stand you to a drink when the manuscript is in.
- to perform the duty of or participate in as part of one's job or duty: to stand watch aboard ship.
- stand a chance or show, to have a chance or possibility, esp. of winning or surviving: He's a good shortstop but doesn't stand a chance of making the major leagues because he can't hit.
- stand by:
- to uphold;
support: She stood by him whenever he was in trouble.
- to adhere to (an agreement, promise, etc.);
affirm: She stood by her decision despite her sister's arguments.
- to stand ready;
wait: Please stand by while I fix this antenna.
- to get ready to speak, act, etc., as at the beginning of a radio or television program.
- to be ready to board a plane, train, or other transport if accommodations become available at the last minute.
- stand down:
- to leave the witness stand.
- to step aside;
withdraw, as from a competition: I agreed to stand down so that she could run for the nomination unopposed.
- to leave or take out of active work or service: to stand down some of the ships in the fleet.
- stand for:
- to represent;
symbolize: P.S. stands for "postscript.''
- to advocate;
favor: He stands for both freedom and justice.
- [Informal.]to tolerate;
allow: I won't stand for any nonsense!
- stand in with:
- to be in association or conspiracy with.
- to enjoy the favor of;
be on friendly terms with.
- stand off:
- to keep or stay at a distance.
- to put off;
- stand on:
- to depend on;
rest on: The case stands on his testimony.
- to be particular about;
demand: to stand on ceremony.
- [Naut.]to maintain a course and speed.
- stand out:
- to project;
protrude: The piers stand out from the harbor wall.
- to be conspicuous or prominent: She stands out in a crowd.
- to persist in opposition or resistance;
- [Naut.]to maintain a course away from shore.
- stand over:
- to supervise very closely;
watch constantly: He won't work unless someone stands over him.
- to put aside temporarily;
postpone: to let a project stand over until the following year.
- stand pat. See pat 2 (def. 6).
- stand to:
- to continue to hold;
persist in: to stand to one's statement.
- to keep at steadily: Stand to your rowing, men!
- to wait in readiness;
stand by: Stand to for action.
- stand to reason. See reason (def. 11).
- stand up:
- to come to or remain in a standing position: to stand up when being introduced.
- to remain strong, convincing, or durable: The case will never stand up in court. Wool stands up better than silk.
- [Slang.]to fail to keep an appointment with (someone, esp. a sweetheart or date): I waited for Kim for an hour before I realized I'd been stood up.
- stand up for:
- to defend the cause of;
support: No one could understand why he stood up for an incorrigible criminal.
- to serve a bridegroom or bride, as best man or maid (matron) of honor.
- stand up to, to meet or deal with fearlessly;
confront: to stand up to a bully.
One of odd toilet sink layout but also the modern-style is just a leaf- molded torpedo. When exhibited hand and hand, this design appears extremely gorgeous. Dual leaf leaves nearly mimic grapes that collapsed gracefully on your toilet desk.
- the act of standing;
an assuming of or a remaining in an upright position.
- a cessation of motion;
halt or stop.
- a determined effort for or against something, esp. a final defensive effort: Custer's last stand.
- a determined policy, position, attitude, etc., taken or maintained: We must take a stand on political issues.
- the place in which a person or thing stands;
- See witness stand.
- a raised platform, as for a speaker, a band, or the like.
- stands, a raised section of seats for spectators;
- a framework on or in which articles are placed for support, exhibition, etc.: a hat stand.
- a piece of furniture of various forms, on or in which to put articles (often used in combination): a nightstand; a washstand.
- a small, light table.
- a stall, booth, counter, or the like, where articles are displayed for sale or where some business is carried on: a fruit stand.
- newsstand: The papers usually hit the stands at 5 a.m.
- a site or location for business: After 20 years the ice-cream vendor was still at the same stand.
- a place or station occupied by vehicles available for hire: a taxicab stand.
- the vehicles occupying such a place.
- the growing trees, or those of a particular species or grade, in a given area.
- a standing growth, as of grass, wheat, etc.
- a halt of a theatrical company on tour, to give a performance or performances: a series of one-night stands on the strawhat trail.
- the town at which a touring theatrical company gives a performance.
- hive (def. 2).
- a rolling unit in a rolling mill.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a complete set of arms or accoutrements for one soldier.
- take the stand, to testify in a courtroom.
If you like blossoms it is possible to and may desire a Pair Of Gilded Bronze Blackamoor Lamps On Stands 1 (ordinary Blackamoor Lamp #3). This style resembles an attractive bright decorative bowl with blooms loving the top area of the bowl. It's fitted effortlessly beneath the desk and seems really stunning.
That is likely just a drain for that area when you have a guest toilet that really needs a far more elegant feel. With a great number of unique types that you can select, there has to be function that suits you when coming up with a choice. But nobody says that bathroom remodeling that is effective will soon be an easy job.